DR1000 Rotary Lathe Axis
Digirout 1000 Rotary Lathe Axis allows CNC lathe machining of stock up
to the travel length of the machine.
The picture above shows the construction of the lathe axis. A standard
lathe adjustable wood chuck is mounted to the precision vertical rotary
table. The worm gear drive provides a 36:1 gear reduction. The timing
belt reduction provides a further 3:2 gear reduction which is driven by
a nema 34 motor & microstepping drive (Servo motor and drive also
available for additional charge). The rotary table is mounted to a
3"x5"x.25" steel angle for mounting to the router table surface. A
tailstock with dual .75" spherically adustable mounted radial
bearings allows lathe machining of parts up to the travel length of the
Digirout 1000 .
Specs for the Rotary Table are:
- SIZE: 3 INCH / 75MM
- Table: 3" Diameter
- Table Height: 1 5/8"
- Base Dimensions: 4 1/8" x 3 1/4"
- Center Height in Vertical Position: 1 1/2"
- T-Slots: 5/16" Ratio: 36-1
- Table Calibrated 0-360 Degrees
- Operates in the Horizontal or Vertical position
- Hand Wheel calibrated to 10 degrees per revolution with 1/4 degree increment graduations.
- Table scale graduated in 5 degree increments.
Specs for theLathe Chuck are:
- Durable chuck is constructed of one piece cast alloy steel.
- Four separate, reversible jaws
- 3/4" x 10 TPI mounting thread
- Dimensions: 6'' Diameter x 1-1/2'' deep (2-3/8'' including jaws